Picking up your Iran visa on arrival at an Iranian Airport
Visa on arrival (VOA) is currently available for most countries in Iran and can be collected from these airports: Tehran, Isfahan, Shiraz, Mashhad, Tabriz, Urmia, Bandar Abbas, Bushehr, Qeshm, Kerman and Kish for about 70 nationalities. Not only this option is more convenient but also it’s more popular worldwide but for Iran we highly suggest you to get your authorization number before your arrival due to Iran’s strict rules and the chance of your request getting denied. You can ask Iran Visa Service Group (iranvisaservice.com) to get the authorization number for you and once you get the authorization code the process will be easier and faster. Please, keep in mind that Iran visa like all countries requires passports valid for at least 6 months from the moment of departure from the country.
Here are some additional reasons that why it’s better to get authorization number before traveling to Iran:
- Crowded lines to get Iran visa on arrival at the airport.
- Imagine how awful it would be that your flight has arrived in Tehran at 3am and now you have to wait in lines, fill forms, and wait until your visa process is done!
- Sometimes you have to wait in lines around 3 to 24 Hours. (depends on your nationality and travel date)
- There is always a chance that your request get denied and rejected.
- You may obtain only 15-day tourist visa on arrival. (depends on your nationality)
Benefits of having an authorization code before arrival:
- Your Iran visa upon arrival process will be much faster and more convenient
- You do not have to wait in lines anymore and its process(you just have to give the authorization number and your passport)
- We assure you that you won’t be rejected
The Documents you may need to get Iran visa on arrival
- Passport with empty pages (must have more than 6 months of validity left at least)
- Proof of medical travel insurance. It is now obligatory and is available for sale from the immigration office at the airport or you can apply with our website to get the travel insurance before the trip (iranvisaservice.com).
- Filling in a visa form
- Two passport sized photos (female travelers must provide visa photo with their hair covered under a scarf)
- Scanned copy of your passport
- A list of the hotels that you are going to stay in
- Visa fee which must be paid to the airport console. (The visa fee for different citizens is given in the table below.)
Here are the documents that must be given at the airport by you
- Your authorization number
- Your passport with empty pages (must have more than 6 months of validity left at least)
- Proof of medical travel insurance (which includes evacuation and repatriation coverage)
- visa fee payment to the airport console.
How to get an Iran Visa on arrival?
To accomplish this, basically you need to fill out the Iran Visa Request Form and attach the copy of your passport with your scanned photo on our website Iranvisaservice.com
Please note that if you do not have your complete flight details at the time then you should at send your arrival and departure dates at least.
Your authorization number (Iran Visa Grant Notice) will be issued within 3-5 working days after receiving the amount of 25 Euro to our account afterwards it will be sent to your email address, notice that Sunday to Wednesday are considered as working days of MFA.
Nationals of all countries holding a valid ordinary passports and wishing to visit Iran, can obtain a 30-day Iran Tourist Visa upon arrival at the airports of:
- Imam Khomeini International Airport, Tehran (IKA)
- Shahid Dastghaib Airport, Shiraz (SYZ)
- Shahid Hasheminejad International Airport, Mashhad (MHD)
- Shahid Madani Airport, Tabriz (TBZ)
- Urmia International Airport, Urmia (OMH)
- Shahid Beheshti Airport, Isfahan (ISF)
- Kish International Airport, Kish (KIH)
- Bandar Abbas Airport, Bandar Abbas (BND)
- Qeshm International Airport, Qeshm Island (GSM)
Note 1: when you arrived at the airport, you simply have to submit your documents along with your e-visa authorization number to the airport’s visa desk. The procedure can take from fifteen minutes to one hour.
Note 2: the amount of visa fee that you have to pay is dependent on your nationality. The cost varies from 75 euros, up to 150 euros, and must be paid in dollars or euros in cash.
Note 3: Citizens of the UK, USA, Canada, Iraq, Jordan, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Colombia, Somalia and most of African countries cannot obtain Iran Visa upon their arrival at airports and must obtain it before their arrival at an Iranian embassy.
Note 4: if you intend to extend your stay in Iran, we highly recommended you to apply for a Tourist visa at the embassy rather than opting for the VOA. This latter can be harder to extend and the extension is often limited to fourteen more days.
No stamp on your passport any longer when traveling to Iran
Since mid-2018, travelers’ passports are not stamped any longer which means that once you’ve left Iran, there will be no trace of your travel to Iran on your passport. This measure aims to facilitate people to travel to Iran, by avoiding the potential restrictions due to USA sanctions.
Exceptions to VOA
VOA is issued for tourism purpose only and thus, to ordinary passports.
There are some limitations to obtain a VOA that you need to be careful:
- Travelers who had a rejected visa request in the past.
- Journalists, diplomatic and official passports.
- Israeli citizens and those who have Israel stamp on their passport.
- Other restrictions might affect citizens from Colombia, Somalia, Bangladesh, Jordan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India. Those nationalities are recommended to apply for a Tourist visa at the embassy.